Friday, February 13, 2009

We all have a story... what is yours?

During a recent interview talking about how the All Addictions Life Recovery Program came to be, the interviewer had shared a story of how his brother in law overcame an addiction. He had struggled for years to overcome his addiction to alcohol, without much success.

One day he decided to take the money he would normally spend on alcohol and put it into a bank account instead. He shifted his attention and energy from something that was destructive and redirected it to something positive. He still went to A.A. meetings and accessed support from those around him. In a few years time, he had paid off his mortgage and bought a new car with the money he would normally have spent on his alcohol addiction.

I felt very privileged to have been on that interview to share my online addictions program with part of the global community. I felt even more privileged to hear in the sharing of someone actively and creatively overcoming the adversity of their addiction and making their part of their world… a better place. Sometimes the most powerful transformation comes from the sharing of a story. I want to hear your story, your greatest obstacles, your greatest triumphs. We all have a journey of the heart, a song of the spirit and a story to be shared. We all have a story… what is yours?

Best of health and best regards, Paul Radkowski

www.liferecoveyprogram.com

info@liferecoveryprogram.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Paul. I like the website and have referred several clients to it since first reading about it in the JoinTogether email news. I'm launching my website soon (RecoveryLaw.Com) and may include a link to your site. Let me know if your interested?

Paul Radkowski said...

Thanks for the referrals. I would be interested to know when you saw my site featured in Join Together?

By all means feel free to include a link of my site on yours. I'm guessing your site is of a professional/clinical nature?

You can always contact me at
info@liferecoveryprogram.com